Explore the highlights of the spectacular Mayan city of Merida.
On this excursion you will:
* Learn how the resurrected city named Merida was christened in 1542 and a unique culture has evolved from Mayan roots.
* See the culture reflected everywhere, from the character of its architecture to the cuisine and people.
* View Montejo’s boulevard, inspired by France’s Champs D’elyse.
* See the Cathedral, built in 1774 from stones that once belonged to the pyramid of Xbacluum- Chaan.
* Examine the Monument to the country, which took 11 years to complete, the House of Montejo built in 1549 and the 19th century Government palace to name a few.
* Shop at the Bazaar in the main plaza before heading back to Progreso.
Note: The bus ride to Merida is approximately 45 Minutes drive
DURATION: 5.5 HOURS
ADULT: 29 USD CHILD: 22 USD
* OUR TOURS USE FIRST CLASS BUSES CERTIFIED BY THE TRANSPORT AND COMUNICATION BUREAU
* TRAVEL INSURANCE INCLUDED
* TURISM BUREAU CERTIFIED GUIDES AND ENTRY FEES INCLUDED
* CHILD PRICE IS FOR YOUNGER THAN TEN YEARS OLD